Friday, February 10, 2012

HELP! Am I way to young to be losing my hair!?

Please say yes and tell me what to do to fix this asap!





I am a 17 year old African American female. I am losing hair along the sides and the back. My hair has always been thinner and shorter on the sides and the back and I don't know why. But now, I can see my scalp and my hair in those areas are 1 cm long (as compared to the rest of my hair which is about 7in). I can use the rest of my hair to cover those spots but I can not tie my hair up because it is very visible! Also, my hair has not grown since 8th grade (I am in 12th grade). I love long hair and I just don't know what to do about my hair. My sister says its stress on filling out college applications but i don't think its possible to lose that much hair in less that 6 months (September to February). I literally see full strands of my hair on the floor and everywhere even when I run my fingers through it.





Basically I want to know what can possibly be making my hair to thin and fall out so much. Do growth serums actually work? What can I do!!!HELP! Am I way to young to be losing my hair!?
There can be lots of health issues associated with this but the one that happened to me was a tyroid condition which causes your hair to thin and fall out, as well as dry skin. I was hypothyroid, you just need a blood test at the doc to find out, while you are there have them check you vitamin D level as well, this can be the original cause of a thyroid problem to begin with.


Also, you can be experiencing lots of breakage, You can get this from rubber bands when you wear, especially if you have the kind with metal on them. You need a really good moisturizer, and keep your scalp clean, if you use grease especially in your hair. You can make a mix of woolite, with 10 times more water in a bottle, and then rinse your hair with that 1 time per week to do a full cleaning of your scalp. They use this in fancy salons where I live, and charge you alot! The best choic for moisture for African American hair believe it or not is regular extra virgina olive oil you can buy at the market. Its so crazy nice on your skin as well, and your hair will never be the same..you can add a scented oil to it as well to make it smell nice too. Its wonderful! Also various birth control pills can cause hair loss if you take any of those. Dog gone hormones can cause this as well like during montly times. If your hair loss is estreme go to your doctor to make sure it isnt something more serious. Hair growing products like Rogaine etc do really work so if you dont mind the cost, you can use them. I l know that the best shampoo for ph balance is strawberry Suave! Another great one that really helps hair is that mane and tail shampoo with the horse on the front. IT WORKS! lol


Well, I really hope you feel better, try to refrain from using alcohol products on your hair and dont heat process or chemical process if you can help it. Maybe you can get a cute braided style to get your hair to grow, but dont let them braid to tight or it can break from that too.


Get some hair silk too (The one they sell at JC penny in the clear bottle with the gold S on it.


Hope this info helps :)HELP! Am I way to young to be losing my hair!?
Ugh, I'm having the same problem as you. Except mine isn't this bad. And the bad news to my story is that I had to cut it short. I nearly cried, I loved my long hair. but... maybe you should see the doctor.. I did and he prescribed me with Hair, nail and skin tablets, they make your hair stronger and grow faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment