Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm way too young to be losing my hair. Please help!?

About three months ago, I was sick; the doctor diagnosed it as salmonella. The worst of it lasted a week- I was too weak and dizzy to stand up, and I couldn't eat or drink anything without throwing it right back up. I had a fever and terrible stomach cramps. It took about a month for me to start to feel completely better.





A few weeks ago, I started noticing that when I brushed my hair or combed it through with my fingers, especially after washing it, clumps would fall out. I haven't lost enough for it to be easily noticeable, but I've always had thick hair, so it's looking thinner. I was told that your hair's health is shown about two or three months after; for example, I was ill and not getting enough nutrients three months ago, and now it's showing through my hair. (The same happened with my fingernails- they were weak and unhealthy- but it was about a week afterwards.)





What I wanted to ask was: I've been told by people that it should grow back; but how long will it take? Is there anything I can do to make my hair healthy again? Eg., any foods or vitamins I should have? Thanks very much. :)I'm way too young to be losing my hair. Please help!?
Yeah, absolutely take some vitamins, increase protein type foods (especially eggs and legumes, they seem to help wonderfully) and try a good old fashioned scalp massage. It's gonna take some time to get the growth sped back up, but your body was in a severly weakened stage. If you don't have any lesions, crusty spots, or balding spots, it's just a question of thickness. any of the other you need to see a doc about.





Also, if you were too weak to do the proper grooming thing, as in not brushing your hair completely out or just throwing it up into a ponytail, two things definetly happened. First, hair got trapped in and couldn't fall out naturally like usual, thereby causing an accumulation of dead hair and making it appear that your hair was falling out in massive amounts. Another thing that happened was tension breakage caused by keeping it pulled back. These are the two typical culprits of the ';illusion'; of thinning hair.





Everyone can do better with themselves by living and eating healthy. This goes a long way in recovering from a situation like yours.I'm way too young to be losing my hair. Please help!?
They say a fungal infection can cause hair loss.....


You need to see a dermatologist,,, and I would see one before you lose to much more hair.





Do a google search like I did... heaps of helpful information.....
Here a few simple home remedies which can be tried at home to control hair fall.





1.Rinse your hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea this helps hair grow..





2. A medicine rich in sulfur is also recommended as sulfur plays an important part in the structure of the hair.





3. Massage with olive oil before going to bed at night and next morning, wash off the hair gently..





4. To treat hair loss apply a little lemon juice with some black tea.Massage well and shampoo.





5. Beat two eggs,and add two tablespoons of water to it. Rinse hair and pour the egg mixture over the hair.Massage the scalp well and leave for 10 minutes.Then wash it.
It is very true that hair reacts when we're so sick as you were. And it's not unusual for women after child birth to notice a ';shedding'; of sorts also. And it's temporary in 99% of the cases.





I would say just eat well, drink lots of water and work on your overall general health and your hair should snap out of this down turn in a couple months or so. Hair takes a long time to grow! You should start seeing a slow down of the hair loss in a bit and start seeing new little ';baby'; hairs coming in.





If for any reason, the hair loss continues for more than a couple months or it gets worse, you need to see a doctor. There are a variety of health conditions that could be causing the issue rather than a reaction to your being so sick.





In the meantime, treat your hair very gently, keep it well conditioned, eat super well, lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein, calcium (hair and nails both need protein and calcium!) and whole grains. Take a good general vitamin supplement, extra vitamin C and Omega 3's are a good idea also.

No comments:

Post a Comment