Sunday, February 12, 2012

What Are The Odds I'll Lose My Hair?

Here's a bit of information...



I'm 15.

My father is bald, and so is his father and all of his brothers.

My mother never lost any of her hair, but her brother is losing a bit of his. My grandfather on that side of the family never lost any of his hair and neither did any of the other males.

I have hair exactly like my grandfather on my mother's side (dark brown, thick, wavy in generally the same spots.)



I heard that body hair is some times related to this sort of thing, so here's some information on that...

I've had peach fuzz on my upper lip as long as I can remember, and have thick (not super thick, but a bit thicker than normal) eyebrows and a unibrow if I don't shave it.

My arms a little bit hairy and my legs are pretty hairy. I have a line of peach fuzz going from my bellybutton up to the start of my chest. It's not really noticable if you aren't looking for it.



Based on that information (I'll supply more if needed) what are my chances of losing my hair?What Are The Odds I'll Lose My Hair?
50%What Are The Odds I'll Lose My Hair?
Don't look at your dad's head, look at your Mom's. If she has a thick head of hair, you will too! Baldness gene runs on mother's side.
they same boys genes are from mothers side... so you should take after mom's side...... a little word of advice.... lifes to short to change what we have no control over....enjoy life and be Hairy.......
It's so hard to tell. My mom's dad is 84 and still has all his hair. My mom's hair is not thinning, my dad has all his hair . . .and I have 2 younger brothers, one of which whose hair started thinning at 19. My other brother has a full head of thick hair.



But don't stress about it too much. Rogaine works amazingly well - as soon as a person starts using it, the hair loss slows or stops completely. There are also all kinds of other things you could use if needed, and in 10 - 15 years when you might really need to worry about it, they'll have even better things to use then. Maybe even a cure!
The baldness gene comes from the mother's genetics. If her dad is not bald, it is unlikely that you will be.
Omg! you are just like me (even age). My dad's family is bald and mum isn't! only i dont have a hairy body.



anyway you wont have to worry as long as you take care of your hair and not colour it. also, drugs, smoking and alcohol can all lead to unhealthy hair - so eat haelthy excersize and youll have loads of hair.



in these cases sometimes the mothers genes are way stronger than the dads genes, so don't worry.



also stress can cause hair fall even more.
My magic 8 ball says it's definite you will bald. Very bald very soon.
I'm pretty sure that you inherit the hair loss gene from your moms side. So if your mom and her parents never lost any of their hair then theres a good chance you wont go bald. But I'm not sure about your moms brother. You can go to this website maybe it will help you.





http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200





hope I helped and good luck finding your answer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment