Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm a 35 year old male taking chemo and starting to lose my hair what do I do?

Perhaps invest in a wig or some other form of artificial hair. I feel terrible for you, and I hope everything works out and you pull through. God bless, dear.I'm a 35 year old male taking chemo and starting to lose my hair what do I do?
Shaving your head is a good idea. Don't worry, your hair will grow back after you complete your treatments. Good luck with everything, I hope you have a quick and easy recovery!I'm a 35 year old male taking chemo and starting to lose my hair what do I do?
Bald is in now. Bald always looks better than patches, or thinning hair.
Go ahead and go bald, don't foget to tan your head. People, who care about you, will understand and if they don't they aren't your true friends anyway.
Shave it all off that way it is not as noticeable and people will just think that you are making the bald is beautiful statement.
Uncle, I was taking chemo, so as soon as my hair started to fall I had it all cut off, and I like the shaved look so much


that I still wear it that way, all my friends like it too.
Im sorry for you having to go into chemo. My mom started chemo when i was 14, she died in 05 and I was still only 14. I can only tell you what she did, she let it go. She cut it short and then let it fall out, but the first guy, he has a good answer.


God bless you sir.
Shave your hair really short. Like a 1. Then as you really loose hair go bald. The style is in...no one will think anything. (your a guy, not Britney) If you are shy at first, you could wear a hat to adjust...but really I'm sure it will not look bad. :)


Best of luck and I hope the treatment is successful for you. *hug*
get an army cut. short/bald is in for guys! ill be praying for you





~Julia
Firstly, I commend you on fighting. Chemo is hard, and it takes a person with a lot of strength and willpower to go through it.


Now, as far as going bald, take comfort in knowing you're not the only bald chemo patient out there. ... And just think, it's much more acceptable in society to be a bald man, rather than a bald woman! You've already got something going for you, there. Shave your head. It's a lot less messy as the hair is falling out.


If caps or bandanas make you feel more secure, though, start a collection. My grandmother loved her bandanas when she went through chemo (my mom put rhinestones on them to make them girly, though; that might not be your cup of tea.)


I'm also sure that there are some websites that make clothing for cancer patients and friends/family that say ';chemo sucks,'; or ';f*ck chemo.'; It's an understatement, but I think they make hats, if you like to keep a sense of humor about things.


Lots of love and luck to you. I hope you beat the hell out of the cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment