Sunday, February 12, 2012

I have lost my hair to cancer. I want a girlie makeover. What do you suggest?

Me now:





Hair


none- chemo made it fall out. I have a wig but I don't wear it because it makes me look like a transvestite. I wear a hat instead.





Clothes


Gone from jeans and t-shirt to dresses and skirts





Jewellery


simple necklace and clip-on earrings.


earrings are a strange one. I never wanted my ears pierced until I went bald and became desparate to anything to look girlie again, now I want them done I can't because my immune system is so low an infection would be dangerous.





makeup


gone from virtually none to lots.








can anyone help me out on this one?I have lost my hair to cancer. I want a girlie makeover. What do you suggest?
hair - i think you shouldn't get a wig and embrace the baldness.. i think totally blad is hot, on both guys and girls.. i've been wanting to shave my head but haven't had the guts... but yea.. keep the bald..





jewellery - i dun think u should wear earrings if u only can wear clip ons.. they aren't really complementing... u should wear a nice necklace, like a female sign, or ur star sign, or anything cute like tat.. but dun wear it on a long chain, wear it on a chain, or better yet, a leather strap, and let it sit right on or right below ur collar bone.. and u can try bracelettes or even bangles.. those big colourful plastic ones in red and black or watever.. they're really cute and feminine..





clothes - i dun really think dresses look good with bald on a daily basis.. i think cute t-shirts wit feminine pants would be nice.. like three quater pants or jeans... and have them in warm colours.. like light pink, baige, light brown, or even grey.. and nice comfortable sneakers or sandals..





make-up - well, if ur bald it's perfect for u to play with ur features... if ur eccentuating ur eyes, do ur eyebrows, and use black eyeliner and mascara, a bit of blush, but little to no lipstick.. if ur eccentuating ur lips, use a deeper lip colour wit gloss, a bit of blush, and a bit of mascara but no eyeliner.. u don't wanna over do it and look like a hooker...





i dunno how old u are, but i think watever i just said would do for anyone for any age group... and it's easy, simple and comfy... i hope i helped.. good luck! and stay strong.. =';)I have lost my hair to cancer. I want a girlie makeover. What do you suggest?
her are my suggestions:


go to a spa with some friends and have a facial - you will feel loads better, have fun and have lovely soft skin afterwards


get a great manicure


go to a department store get your make-up done by one of the assistants at the make-up stands - they give great advice


try something different to hats, kylie often wore a scarf around her head after she lost her hair to chemo and i think they looked really pretty


and finally, go on a girlie shopping trip! there are some lovely floral smock dresses in for the remains of the summer which are very feminine, autumn and winter trends are quite masculine this year, but if you wear, for example, a pretty blouse with a soft grey cardigain, a beige skirt and grey tights - you will still look fashionable.





hope i helped!
ok. you should get a wig - long curly hair. until it grows back. and some makeup. maybe eyeliner or stuff like that. and wear miniskirts and minidresss with jeans or white shirt underneath. layering is in! wear flats. flats are in to.
My Mom had lots of hats and bandanas. She looked pretty cute in them. Actually, she had a very nice shaped head. She looked great bald. If I knew I would look that cute, I'd shave! But, just be yourself. You can still look like a girl in jeans and a t-shirt. Just maybe pick girlie colors for the t-shirts. And don't wear too much makeup. You don't want to look like clown. My Mom's wigs didn't look that real either. But, she looked so cute in all the different hats and bandanas. Good luck to you. I wish you well.
My mom had cancer and hated wigs!! I would say just go bald if you can take it, if not then get some pretty scarves or if you know anyone that sews they can make you beautiful turbans. I think turbans with or without hair can be very sexy. There are so many pretty thin scarves you could get, my mom said everything made her head sweaty so the thinner the better. And there are so many cute hats now days try them all on and see what you like.


Clothes pretty much anything goes, even dressy shirts go with jeans if they are what you prefer. And I have always been a fan of sweaters. A pretty cami with a little cardigan or jacket and jeans is another great look.


Jewelry I have always loved dangles or thin hoops and simple bangle bracelets and simple necklaces.


Make up I would keep it more simple, go to a make up counter and get it done. You do not have to buy the make up just pay attention to how they apply it and what colors. Ask them to show you light make up and evening type make up.





Good luck and remember you are beautiful simply because you are a survivor!! I have been amazed at my own strength I have found as a woman, and by mothers strength as a woman and a survivor.
Here is what i have found about the wigs. If it isn't a lace wig it doesn't look good. I have been wearing wigs for..gosh...15 years now for my Hair Pulling disease. and 5 of my female relatives for alopecia. For the past 3 i have been wearing the lace wigs becuase they look natural. I know you said you didn't want one but with the right color and texture i am sure you will look natural. I go to www.hairbylondon.com to order my wigs.





Clothes always make a difference for me... Go out and buy your self a really sexy dress and fabulous jewery with shoes and bag of course. And then top it off with a knock your socks of wig. Take a few of your girlfriends with you and just have a blast!
Sounds to me like you don't need any help at all. You know exactly what you want, and that is what you are doing.


Don't forget ***you're never fully dressed with out a smile***


Good luck with your treatments.
to help your immune system drink Aloe Vera Juice. You can get organic Aloe Vera Juice in Wal-Marts drug store dept. where they have the laxatives. It will do wonders for you. Add it to grape juice to make it taste better. Add 4 0zs. every time you have a cold drink.


As far as looking girlie ..maybe a better quality wig with human hair would look better. Go to a store that sells quality wigs, or try a place called Alternatives, where they sell hair systems that look great! Good luck!
You hair will grow back even thicker,so that's a plus. Try scarves around your head, with those little add on wigs, like hair pieces.





And there are lots of funky little hats around, use them with big sunglasses (back in fashion)and drop earrings.





And go back to jeans. change your 'jeans' look with different types of tops. Go a bit eastern, Indian tops are great over jeans. You must have gone through a lot. You are very brave.





Eat lots and lots of fruit, nuts and veggies, and protein too to get your immune system up and running. Lots of water too. No junk food. Except on Sunday!
Just do it simple dont over do ur make up and plain jewellery is good why dont u buy a nice wig if u dont like the one u have or wear a head scarf (bandanna) till ur hair comes back nice jeans are ok and a top i dont think u should just go from one extrem to the next maybe just try little experiments to get in too what u think is girly and have fun with ur look dont just worry about it all the time :)
Well, first focus on being well and healthy. Dresses and skirt are lovely because they announce your feminity. Hats? I don't know maybe a soft velvet hat or something that will cover your head, a scarf? You could wear a silky scarf kind of like a bandana or wrap it around your head and tie it under your neck in the back. I would assume you lost weight, so try not to drown yourself in ruffles or too big clothes because that just accentuates your thinness. Try not to overdo it on the make-up, I know you are trying to reassert your girliness but sometimes too much is just too much. If your pale, that's ok, try to go au natural.. you might like it. Bring our your best color by wearing clothes that make you happy. Your eyes are your biggest assest because that is the only color on your face right now, your hair will grow back before you know it. Keep your chin up, your health and happiness come first. Lots of luck to you.
I would wear a fitted baseball cap that is pink or shows a girl type style in the warmer part of the year. In the colder part of the year I would possibly wear a beanie if not a hat. For eyebrows I cannot say Ive seen too many that have no hair, but the shaved and penciled ones never looked that great. I'd rather see hairless eybrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment