Sunday, February 12, 2012

Will I lose my hair from flat ironing it straight too much?

My mom told me that if I flat iron my hair straight too much, it'll get too burnt and fall out. She says I'll go bald eventually from doing it too much. At most I do it about twice a week, and I don't even pull that hard. But sometimes small bits of hair comes out on the counter and we've noticed my hair has gotten thinner since I last had a haircut. Could straightening it be the cause?Will I lose my hair from flat ironing it straight too much?
I've been straightening my hair with a flat iron for the last three years and I've not had a problem with it falling out and burning. You may notice that your hair seems thinner since curly hair has much more volume. I only wash my hair every 3rd or 4th day. I only have to touch up a few parts each morning with the flat iron. It's normal to lose a certain number of hairs each day. You should also get your hair trimmed every two months or so.Will I lose my hair from flat ironing it straight too much?
yes definitley straightnening with a flat iron damges and burns the hair which causes it to fall out UNLESS you use a heat styling protector product. which you can buy from any drug store there many different brands (inexpensive and expensive).next time you use your flat iron it will burn the hair product off your hair not your actual hair. also using ceramic plated hair straightner is better for your hair. and NEVER straighten your hair when it is wet or even slightly damp it burns your hair 3 times the ammount it would for dry hair. i hope i helped :)xx
eventually, try leaving it alone
It is normal to lose 40 to 100 hairs a day(if you wash your hair everyday). To blow dry and flat iron everytime you wash your hair, you are running the risk of damaging your hair. If you use a product that protects your hair from the heat of the blowdryer and the flat iron, you will help a great deal against damage. If you are using frizz eaze or pantene, FORGET IT! Too much alchohol! Use a professional product! Like Redken to protect against heat.
ofcourse you won't.. your mom's just trying to scare you! but you'll end up with fried hair if you iron it too much.
I dont think it will actually pull out a significant amount of hair but by doing it often you will burn it and it'll lose its volume and texture which may be why it looks thinner.
No you will not.It's just bad damage to your hair.
If you're only straightening it twice a week you have nothing to worry about. Over a long period of time, your hair will get damaged though, and you could end up with split ends or worse, much thinner hair.


Try using a protective heat spray, like VO5 Miracle spray to protect it while you're straightening it.
I doubt it will fall out but to protect your hair from getting burnt you need to use a heat protector (tresseme has some) on it before you flat iron..
Yes, you will. Hair was not made to take that kind of heat regularly. But if you are going to do it anyway, make sure you are washing and deep conditioning your hair regularly. and put in some leave in conditioner each time you are going to flat iron it.
you will end up with fried hair looser
You won't lose hair but it can damage it. Make sure you deep condition your hair. Haven't you noticed how much hair is left on your hairbrush after brushing it? It's probably more than what falls out while straightening it.
http://www.askastylist.info/gen4.htm
Yes
Eventually! There is only so much heat your hair can take, and if it doesnt fall out from that it will probably become so brittle and thin it will just break off.
  • eyeshadow brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment