Sunday, February 12, 2012

Will I lose my hair when I get older?

I am a 26 year old male and was born with wavy hair like my mother. My grandfather from my mothers side lost his hair and my grandfather from my fathers side lost his hair but both of my grandmothers still had theirs. If I am the youngest of 3 sons and was born with my mothers hair, is there a chance that I may lose my hair when I get older?Will I lose my hair when I get older?
Genetics are a fickle thing, and unless you map your personal genome and isolate the carrier chromosome so as to compare it with those that are known to exhibit baldness, there is no knowing for sure. Typically, you can bank on inheriting your maternal grandfather's hair line. There are exceptions, but that is more or less the norm. Another factor is your father. If he still has his hair, you have much greater chances.





Hope things stay where they are.Will I lose my hair when I get older?
prably n ot

No comments:

Post a Comment